CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Much Needed Time To Blog About Oldest Son's School

First off, everyone knows that Daniel has been in severe pain these last couple months due to his wisdom teeth. Everybody knows how long it took me to find a oral surgeon that would take his wisdom teeth out that accepted his insurance. Well finally we found one that was 2 hours away from our home. You also know that I called his school and made arrangements with his principal, and all abscences would not be counted against him due to the circumstances. Also, work was sent home for him to do that was due prior to the marking period ending. I also asked for work for extended time for him to complete. This was okayed by his principal, his counselor, and also his teachers. Well I was told via phone, as well by syllabus what was due to be faxed back prior to the end of the marking period. The date that all work due to be turned in was September 28th. We faxed what was done and due by this date on September 27th. The rest of the work in his core subjects isn't due til October 9th, which all of it is done, just need to fax it. Well yesterday I recieved his progress report, and I am very disturbed at the moment. His grades are as follow: Spanish F (elective not core subject no work of this was sent home at all), Algebra 1 C, Earth Science F, English 10 B, Tech Ed A, United States History C. Noted his progress report date is October 2, 2009. Attendance states: This student has no abscences or tardies. However, the Behavior Logs are dated for October 25th. Which means the end of the marking period was the 25th not the 28th. So these grades had already been submitted and posted before he/us got a chance to fax them in. I understand he wouldn't have gotten full credit, however, don't tell me one thing and do another. Secondly, in his core subjects, how can he possibly be passing Algebra, English, and US History, as well as Tech Ed, but failing Science. I am sorry but two and two do NOT go together. If he has a F in one shouldn't all be F's? My understanding is YES!. If he has passed the others, than by god he should have at least gotten a D in Science. Low grade yes, but still passing. So yes I called the school, as I was very angry and wanted to know why and wanted a good explanation. His teacher called me back and of course himmed and hawwed. Really couldn't give me a good explanation. All he would say was these are just interim grades, that he still has a chance to pull them up? Okay so we are talking Spanish (which no work was sent home at all, not even some that would help me to be where he needs to be come the time he returns, or for practice), and two Science -- (work was sent home, and all completed), but failing both. Something isn't right, and I will NOT tolerate such stupidity. I did have my say, and what I thought was fair, and also what made sense and didn't make sense. To make a long story short, I am NOT a happy mom right now, I am one PISSED OFF mom! Feel free to leave comments, or your thoughts on this!

4 comments:

  1. Aww I would be pissed off too! That is not right :( I hope that it gets straightened out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be mad, too. I had this experience with school last year with Ciera and whooping cough, they were not sending me all the homework home. That is so frustrating, how do you even have a chance if they cant get their crap together and send the work home?!
    I hope he's feeling better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Tammers i totally understand this .. Mike went thru this CRAP when he was in school in Calgary ...they had him in these modified classes and we fought like hell to get him out of them to no avail .. it took moving to another school division altogeher to find reasonable people .. he s still on an IPP but his grades so far are awsome !!! He s passing all and in fact in Social Studies gr 9 has an 81% Avg ... so wth was their prob in Calgary .. ? they didnt give a crap thats what it was !!! You keep fighting em Tammy ..you have every right to be pissed off I would be too !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ty Everyone! <3 I will keep you all updated. If I don't see any work by tomorrow morning I will be back on the phone!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love xx